Quotes have always inspired me. They are short and powerful.When in school, I always used to maintain a diary and used to pen down the inspiring quotes. They motivate you and fill you with a new zeal towards your task.
Here are some quotes related/semi related/unrelated to Yoga but when read and internalize gives a new direction, fills the heart.
- Body is not stiff, mind is stiff. ( Sri K. Pattabhi Jois)
- Anybody can breathe. Therefore anybody can practice yoga. (K.V. Desikachar )
- Rid your body of its impurities, let your speech be true and sweet, feel friendship for the world, and with humility seek wealth and knowledge. (Shri T. Krishnamacharya)
- Laughter drives shouting away. (Indra Devi)
- Yoga is possible for anybody who really wants it. Yoga is universal…. But don’t approach yoga with a business mind looking for worldly gain. (Sri K. Pattabhi Jois)
- Never be in debt. Never reside near enemies. Never trap your body through disease. Never forget the Lord with his consort who resides in the heart. (Shri T. Krishnamacharya)
- Meditation results in marvels. (Shri T. Krishnamacharya)
- Mastery of yoga is really measured by how it influences our day-to-day living, how it enhances our relationships, how it promotes clarity and peace of mind. (K.V. Desikachar)
- Why do we need money beyond a point? If we are free of ill health, enmity, and debt, is that not enough? Too much money only leads to less peace.( Shri T. Krishnamacharya)
- When you inhale, you are taking the strength from God. When you exhale, it represents the service you are giving to the world. (B.K.S. Iyenger)
- Healthy plants and trees yield abundant flowers and fruits. Similarly, from a healthy person, smiles and happiness shine forth like the rays of the sun. (B.K.S. Iyenger)
- Yoga is 99 percent practice and one percent theory.( Sri K. Pattabhi Jois)
- Do your practice and all is coming.( Sri K. Pattabhi Jois )
Hope these yoga quotes are inspiring and will help you to get on your mat. Remember that health is the most important gift or treasure one can have. A healthy person can achieve anything, so practice and go get the world.