Well holidays can be overwhelming. With so much to do : planning a vacation, getting a best deal, hosting a good meal, running around to join that meal. There is no time to relax, you feel more tired when you are on holiday. Well somethings can’t be avoided but there are somethings that can be added to your list to make you a better chore handling person.Let’s add Meditation to the list.
If you don’t have the time to meditate think again. Mediation is something that can be done anywhere. You don’t need a calm and a peaceful room. It can be done while sitting in a train or a car, while walking or even while showering.
Well there are many reasons but the real reason is something you will find yourself when you start practicing it. When I say practice, I put emphasis on doing it daily or 4-5 times a week. You can feel the benefit, the result, when you commit to it.
Apart from these, the some well known reasons for meditating is here:
- It relieves stress and helps you to become calm and relax.
- A simple habit that can be done for the duration of time that is available to you.There is nothing like spending a hard core of 30 minutes in this process.Even if you sit for 5 minutes, you can notice the change.
- You start practicing mindfulness. For a person committed to such practice, the journey for discovering more helpful habits start. You learn new beneficial habits.
- There are mental benefits that you will feel such as improved focus, happiness, memory, self-control, academic performance and more.
- You can’t ignore the health benefits that you get from working on your breath which include improved metabolism, heart rate, respiration, blood pressure and more.
How to Practice Meditation Daily
Practicing something daily is much more important that practicing something in long bur irregular interval. It applies to Yoga and as well as meditation.
Well committing for a daily meditation practice can be challenging but if you focused, you can achieve it. Here are simple tips you can use to tune your daily practice.
- Don’t decide for 10 minutes during first few days or a month : Commit a practice of 2 minutes, yes not even 5 minutes. You can always do more if you wish but make 2 minutes as mandatory thing.
- Decide a time : We tend to do things better if we allocate a time to it. If you are serious just dedicate a time to it. May be even you commute or after you wake up or after finshing your yoga practice. Once you decide on it, stick to it.
- Decide a place : Well if you can’t focus on your breath while you commute then try to find a quite spot. Make sure no toddlers, no tv or mobile, no distraction.
- Focus on your breath: One of the best way to meditate is to concentrate on your breath. Some people try to meditate by blocking all your thoughts. Well it is good for advanced practitioner but for a beginner let’s stick to our breath.As you breathe in, follow your breath in through your nostrils, then into your throat, then into your lungs and belly. You won’t be very good at it at first, but you’ll get better with practice.
Don’t we all improve with daily practice. So start practising it from now, you will find the holidays season more relaxing.